here's the scoop...
Some tips to get ready for your shoot!
- I'm super relaxed and don't do a lot of hard posing and such, especially with the little ones. I aim for natural and candid moments, so no worries!
- Make sure everyone is well rested and fed. Try not to show up with an empty stomach. We know what happens when kids are hungry and cranky:) Bring water and snacks.
- I love to shoot around the last two hours before sunset. It's the most lovely lighting to help make your images beautiful.
- Choose your clothing carefully. Have an idea in advance of what colors you want. You can check out my Pinterest board for some visual ideas!
- Schedule plenty of time to get ready on the day of your session. If Mom can get her hair and makeup done professionally, fantastic! She'll feel amazing, and it will reflect in her pictures. Leave enough time for baths, hair, getting kids dressed, etc. She'll feel amazing, and it will reflect in her pictures. Leave enough time to travel and get to your location about 10 minutes early.
- Have fun with your family! Laugh, pick kids up, twirl, snuggle and tickle. You don't always have to look at the camera for a great picture. Candids are precious.
- Feel free to bring props or anything that represents your family. A favorite activity, books, anything.
- With little ones, I've learned to be patient and work with them to get that portrait. I wait for them to be comfortable, and try not to push them too much.
- For maternity sessions, come dressed in something elegant and super comfortable for you! A long dress, makeup, and a necklace is all you need for some beautiful portraits. Props, hats, etc, are also welcome. It's best to schedule your session in the one to two months of your pregnancy.